Soliciting "Mom" advice
Leo has been on solids for over a month now and he is still pretty uninterested. We have to trick him into every bite and it doesn't take long before he's clamping his mouth shut and turning his head. If we keep going, that turns into squirming or sometimes even crying.
We've tried Happy Bellies brown rice, Gerber white rice, homemade sweet potatoes, homemade carrots, bananas and apples. We've tried feeding him right before a bottle so he's hungry, but usually in-between bottles - timing doesn't seem to make much difference. We've tried finger-feeding and spoon-feeding. We've even tried letting him play with the food, but it seems to be the only thing that he doesn't immediately put in his mouth.
I don't like that feeding my baby solids feels like such a chore. Am I just being too impatient? Moms, do you have any advice?
Leo's 365 - while it lasted
2 comments:
How thin are you making it? When we first started giving Hudson solids (homemade)he hated the texture. It turned out I wasn't making it thin enough...once I pureed it until it was liquid basically he started taking it.
Gates does similar things, she is just now eating one "cube" of food. She does like the white rice much better than the brown. Try avacado, that seems to be the easiest for Gates and she LOVES it. It is so much harder than you would think. Good Luck!
Post a Comment