11.21.2008

Tummy update

Well, Leo's GI imaging went well yesterday... I guess. He had to skip a bottle (after massively throwing up his first one), so he was really hungry and drank down his barium like a champ. While I was feeding him, a doc was watching his esophagus and stomach on an x-ray. (I watched too.) Of course this was the one time Leo decided not to spit up a single drop. But really the point of the test is to rule out any serious conditions other than Reflux. And he didn't see anything physically wrong - no misshapen esophagus or twisted stomach or anything like that. Thank goodness! So the verdict is that it's just plain' old Reflux. The solution: we're increasing his current dosage of Prevacid and adding Reglan on top of that. I hate medicating a seven-month-old baby on a daily basis, I really, really do. But not as much as I hate seeing by sweet boy so miserable. Let's just hope this works.
And yes, Gus. We'll give him some bananas too. :-)

1 comment:

Diane said...

Zoe: glad there was no structural issue that requires surgery. You know, all the "colic" issues that parents (and babies) suffered through when you & Ruth were babies can now be attributed to a sort of reflux disorder. I'm sorry that y'all have had to deal with this...but I bet that Leo will get thru this like a champ...he's too sweet not to!

Leo's 365 - while it lasted