11.20.2008
Poor little guy
As you may know, Leo's been battling Reflux for a while. So he's been on medication for a few months now and we thought it was helping. But most babies outgrow Reflux by the time they're about six months old (he's seven mos). Poor scrawny little Leo he doesn't seem to be outgrowing it - lately it's even worse. He hardly eats more than a few ounces before he screams and squirms, arching his back and generally making sure that bottle doesn't go in his mouth. Sometimes he throws up all of what he eats.
Daddy and I took him to the doc about it yesterday. He's down to 7th percentile for weight (he's dropped in percentile every time we've been for about the last 4-5 visits). He hardly ate this morning, but somehow managed to throw up four times. And he's not been real happy today unless I'm holding him. I'm taking him in for an upper GI test in a couple of hours. It doesn't sound like a good time, but hopefully we can figure out what's going on - if it's just really bad reflux or something more serious (yikes). Poor little guy. It's breaking my heart.
You probably don't care to see the pukey baby picture, but I'm just documenting as much of his babyhood as I can. And, as we all know, that's not always fun stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor baby! I hope the doctors are finally able to figure this out soon!
My nephew had this problem, or at least it sounds like it. He had pyloric stenosis. They found theat out throught the upper GI test. He had to have minor surgery, which really worried my sister, but it was quick and a permanent fix.
I hope everything is okay with your little boy!
oh no! I hope the test went well. Poor baby.
Poor Leo! Let me know how the test turned out...Huddy's test wasn't fun, but at least you will get answers.
Poor guy! Our son had reflux extremely bad until he was 18 months. It's so hard to see them go through it, but hang in there, eventually it will end. He's completely fine now and though still on the skinny side is back in a more normal range.
Post a Comment