9.12.2007

First doc visit

Well, Steven and I just got back from our first (and pretty long) visit to the doc. First, we sat down in her office just to chat - about how I'm feeling, what I can and can't ingest, what to expect, if I'm taking the right prenatal vitamin, all that good stuff. Then they poked and prodded and took samples for about every test imaginable at this point. Not fun for me, but Steven was there, which helped me feel a little better! And finally, the best part! We did our first sono to make sure little Embryo is right where he (or she?) should be and is about the right size that we think. And yep! It's exactly where it should be and about the timing we thought it was. (And it doesn't have a twin... whew!) The bigger dark circle is the yolk sac and the white blob inside is our little sweetpea. There's a little black dot inside which is cerbreal fluid (sp?) so that's where the head is. And... we could see some vibrations going on in the right side of the adorable white blob. A tiny heart! They measured the vibrations and found that it's pounding away at a healthy 147 beats per minute. (Those tiny hearts beat much faster than adult hearts). Yes, it brought me to tears - just a little. So even with all of the uncomfortable bodily invasions, this was by far the best doctor's visit ever in my life!

No comments:

Leo's 365 - while it lasted