I've neglected this blog for so long that there isn't even any mention of Leo becoming a big brother, or of me being pregnant with baby #2. And now here he is, 8 months old. So, without further ado....
We proudly introduce the newest member of Team Dennis: Max Campbell. He joined us at 7:04 on a Friday evening, November 12th, 2010. He weighed a whopping 8 and a half pounds, and was 21 inches long. I took this photo of him the morning of November 16th, as he was sleeping in his pack & play by the window in our bedroom. To this day, it is my favorite image of him. Precious little face.
The morning after he was born, I typed out this email on my iPhone 4, from my hospital bed:
11 hours old....
Just jotting down what I've seen/learned about our new little boy, most of which
is from overnight visits since he was born so late. He's seeing a Pediatrician
this morning and then we are looking forward to lots more quality time all day
today....
So far, I can't get over how different Max looks from Leo. But
not in ways I'd have guessed. Not to compare, but it's hard not to since that's
all I know. Max is so BIG - even has some little rolls on his arms and legs! And
he has almost zero hair. Just some short little fuzzies that look like they
won't last long (dark blonde or light brown though, like Leo's was). His mouth
looks like Leo's, which I think is from me. He has funny little round ears that
I keep playing with. Haven't seen much of his blue eyes yet, but he's definitely
got looong eyelashes, like his big bro.
He's so smooshy and cute for a
newborn, if I do say so myself. Sweet, sweet round face and big hands. His
chunkiness seems so unique for either of our families, it's odd - in a good way!
We've only nursed 3 times, but he's been a very impressive eater, when he's not
too sleepy. He's been so relaxed and chill - we've hardly heard much fussing
other than right after he was born and during his bath. Of course, I know that
could change.
Can't wait to see him again in just a few. And we plan to
introduce him to his big brother today. I'm not sure what to expect from that
moment, but I'm really looking forward to it.
And as it turns out, I
really CAN love another baby as much as I love Leo. Ha!
It's absolutely
amazing....
Pics to follow at some point this weekend, of course. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment