3.23.2009

First day in the young toddler room

Over the past week, Leo has been transitioning from the Older Infant room to the Young Toddler room at daycare. I'm really excited for him to move up to a room that's more set up for crawlers and climbers. But I have to admit I'm also a little nervous about naptime and the sippy cup.
Leo has been taking 2 solid (1-2 hr) naps a day - at about 11am and again at about 3pm. But the Young Toddlers take just one nap a day at 12:30. (And by the way, it's on a cot.) So I'm a tad worried that he's not going to get sleep he needs during the day.
And he hasn't exactly been a rock star with the sippy cup. For at least 6 months, I've tried working with him on a sippy cup at home. Sometimes he does OK for a few sips, but for the most part, he just wants his bottle. And since he's not a year old yet, I haven't really been forcing the issue. We just keep giving him lots of chances (and different kinds of cups and liquids) to keep trying. Well, in the Young Toddler room, it's pretty much just sippy cups. And given that he was only in about the 7th percentile for weight last we checked, I'm concerned about him getting his nutrition/calories during the day. He does have his bottle up there "just in case" though.
Anyway, today they sent a few pictures of Leo enjoying his first day there. Looks to me like he's doing just fine. :-)
And this last one especially makes me smile. For one thing, he seems to be the only one NOT sleeping when I was worried he wouldn't get enough. And for another thing, he has a pacifier in his mouth! Leo hasn't taken a pacifier since he was like 4-5 months old and liked being swaddled. He just gave it up on his own around the time he started teething. I even tried to give one to him a couple of months ago (desperate to get him calmed down when he was sick) and he didn't know what to do with it. But he sure seems to be OK with it in this picture - tee hee!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow. Mini Steven in the second pic!

Kelly K said...

HI Zoe! I haven't seen your family in so long. Leo looks just like Steven! He is a doll! I'm finally blogging to...I'm a little late jumping on the bandwagon. HA! Hope yall have a great Easter

Leo's 365 - while it lasted