10.31.2008
First Halloween
I wish I could write about what a fantastic first Halloween Leo had. But unfortunately, he was a pretty sick little monkey. I would say this has been as ill as he's been in his whole little life. Mommy had a bit of a cold (or something) earlier in the week. Then Leo came home from daycare with a low fever Wednesday evening. He had to stay home from school on Thursday and his temp spiked up to 103.8 degrees - yikes! His doctor couldn't find an ear infection or anything to blame it on - figured he probably just caught a bug from Mommy or from another baby at school. He was miserable, not eating well and acting very clingy, even for him.
On Friday morning (Halloween), he was not doing much better. Against my better judgement, we took him to mommy's work Halloween party and dressed him like monkey to show him off to co-workers. He was only in the costume for about 30 minutes though - he was burning up! So he didn't participate in the infant costume contest this year. Oh well. It was still fun. Then we went home and passed out candy to trick-or-treaters and snuggled with little Leo. Poor little monkey. His temp was still at 103.2 on Saturday, but got better throughout the day. He slept for 12 whole hours that night and woke up feeling good on Sunday, except for a really nasty congested nose.
Mommy and the sick-but-still-happy little monkey in my office, getting ready for the party.
Daddy dressed up as "Joe the Plumber" for Halloween. He had gold coins in his tool belt to "spread the wealth around" to everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh How scary!!! I hate feeling so helpless when they are sick. I am glad you guys suffered through it. I did love his monkey costume germs or no germs. I love being able to see him grow. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment