8.06.2008

First bedtime story

So I keep reading in all these brilliant parenting books that it's "never to early" to read to your baby. Sounds great in theory. But just about every time I've tried, I just end up with a very bored and/or very restless baby. Tonight was a little diferent. He seemed to be taking longer than usual to drift to sleep (he usually just lays there and wiggles for about five minutes and that's that), so I pulled him back out of his crib and into my lap for a little bedtime story. I read him a book and this time he actually seemed to be enjoying it. He even looked at the the pictures - cool! Then it was back to the crib where he drifted off before I could even turn off the light.And for the record, the book was Dear Zoo. It was a gift from Leo's great aunt Connie and family. Thank you!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Keep on reading! There are several reasons why it is good for them!

pfe1029 said...

OMG Zoe, this is a beautiful baby!! Would love to see him in person!
Pam Ebarb
(your Mom's old friend from Shreveport)

Leo's 365 - while it lasted