Well, mom and I went to the doctor for part 1 of a Nuchal Translucency test. Steven was out of town, so it was a perfect opportunity for me to take mom to a sono. The NT test is basically just a test to measure the translucent space in the tissue at the back of baby's neck, by lookingat a sono. Babies with abnormalities (such as Down's) tend to accumulate more fluid at the back of their neck during the first trimester, causing this clear space to be larger than average. It doesn't predict an abnormality - just a probablility of it. Test results came back good (whew!). And while they were doing the sono, the doctor took a guess at the sex of the baby! We go back in three weeks (11/26) for part two of the test. At that point, I'll be almost 18 weeks, so they should be able to determine the sex for sure. And then I'll let you know. Can't wait!!!
11.01.2007
Sono number two
Well, mom and I went to the doctor for part 1 of a Nuchal Translucency test. Steven was out of town, so it was a perfect opportunity for me to take mom to a sono. The NT test is basically just a test to measure the translucent space in the tissue at the back of baby's neck, by lookingat a sono. Babies with abnormalities (such as Down's) tend to accumulate more fluid at the back of their neck during the first trimester, causing this clear space to be larger than average. It doesn't predict an abnormality - just a probablility of it. Test results came back good (whew!). And while they were doing the sono, the doctor took a guess at the sex of the baby! We go back in three weeks (11/26) for part two of the test. At that point, I'll be almost 18 weeks, so they should be able to determine the sex for sure. And then I'll let you know. Can't wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment