5.22.2008

First smile!

Leo smiled for the first time tonight! I just finished nursing and him and I was just holding him for a while (as I often do), looking at him and talking to him. And he smiled at me. Not the cute little falling asleep smile, or the newborn smirks that look a lot like smiles. This was a real, actual full eye-contact "I love you, Mommy" smile! It felt SO good - better than I even thought it would. I smiled back and squealed, but I have to admit, I cried a little too. Hopefully I didn't confuse him! Ha ha. I wish I had a picture to share, but I wasn't about to jump up to grab a camera. Hopefully he'll smile again and again - every single day for the rest of his life. So we're bound to get a picture at some point. :-)

No comments:

Leo's 365 - while it lasted